Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars
- 4 eggs
- 1 & 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 ¾ cups fresh roasted pumpkin puree (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 4-pound pumpkin
- 2-3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 16 oz. Cream cheese-softened
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 /3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs- slightly beaten
PUMPKIN PUREE DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven to 400˚
2. Cut top off pumpkin and scoop out flesh and seeds
3. Cut pumpkin in half from top to bottom
4. Rub cut side of pumpkin with grapeseed oil
5. Place pumpkin on baking sheet, cut-side-down, and roast for 30-45 minutes, or until fork tender
6. Allow pumpkin to cool, then scoop flesh out of shell and add to food processor or blender
7. Blend or pulse until puree is smooth
8. Chill and refrigerate until needed for recipe
PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE BAR DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray 10 x 15 x 1- inch jelly roll pan with non-stick spray, then line with parchment paper and spray the paper, set aside.
2. To make pumpkin bars first whisk together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices, set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat 4 eggs and sugar. Add oil, pumpkin and vanilla and mix to combine.
4. Mix in dry ingredients and pour in prepared pan, then smooth the top.
5. Mix softened cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs and mix just to combine. Transfer the mixture in piping bag or zip-lock bag and cut off the corner. Draw the lines of cream cheese mixture diagonally on top of pumpkin pie mixture.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes, until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool completely before serving.