August 14, 2019
Pan Seared Steaks w/ Garlic Butter
Ingredients for Sauteed Mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced or diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth or chicken broth or wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped (optional)
Ingredients for Gorgonzola Butter
- 2 heads roasted garlic, squeezed and mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola (or other blue) cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Pepper to taste
Ingredients for Pan Seared Steaks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (6 ounce) steaks (strip loin, rib eye, prime rib, etc)
- salt and pepper or steak seasoning to taste
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic gorgonzola butter
Directions for Sauteed Mushrooms
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat, add the mushrooms and onions and cook until the mushrooms have released their moisture, it has cooked off and the mushrooms start to caramelize, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth and deglaze the pan by scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon as the broth simmers.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle in the parsley and set aside.
Directions for Gorgozola Butter
- Mix everything, place on wax (or parchment) paper, form a log, roll it up in the paper and twist the ends before placing in the fridge to chill.
Directions for Pan Seared Steaks
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat, add the steaks, seasoned to taste, and sear until cooked to the desired level of doneness, about 2-4 minutes per side for medium.
- Top with the sautéed mushrooms and melting roasted garlic gorgonzola butter!