Grilled Peach Cake Stack
I’m making a tasty dessert with grilled seasonal peaches. To save time, I recommends buying pre-made pound cake at the store. Use a cookie cutter to slice up the cake into rings for your stack. If you are not a fan of peaches, you can always substitute in pineapple or mango.
- 3 medium peaches
- 1 Sara Lee pound cake, thawed
- 2 tbsp sugar
- cinnamon for sprinkling
- optional: whipped cream, ice cream, basil
1. Start off by creating peach rings. Use your knife to slowly cut around the peach “hamburger” style. Use your fingers to gently detach the peach from the seed.
2. Cut all the peaches, except leave half of one.
3. Then, horizontally slice your pound cake into 3 layers, or even 6 layers.
4. Then, use your largest peach ring as a template and trace out a circle from your pound cake.
5. Repeat until you have no more pound cake. You can also use a similarly sized cookie cutter if you don’t want to trace out manually.
6. On a BBQ grill, or a grill pan, gently grill your cake on low to medium heat until those grill marks appear, about 2 minutes each side.
7. Repeat with the peach rings, which will take longer (about 5 minutes per side).
8. Then, alternately layer your cake and peach rings, sprinkling cinnamon on top of the peach rings.
9. Finally, create the peach compote by chopping up your remaining half peach. In a small saucepan, add in the chopped peaches and sugar and heat until the sugar is caramelized, about 5 minutes.
10. Finish by topping the cakes with the peach compote.
11. Now, add optional toppings such as whipped cream, ice cream, or shredded basil.