May 16, 2017
Rotisserie Chicken and Roasted Corn with Pepper Jack Grits
My family loves breakfast for dinner and this is a good recipe to kick your breakfast grits up a notch.
Ingredients for Rotisserie Chicken and Roasted Corn with Pepper Jack Grits
- 2 lbs of boneless chicken breasts (trimmed of any fat)
- 1 Stick of salted butter split in half + 1 tbsp (1 half is for chicken & the other is for the grits)
- 2 heavy tablespoons of rotisserie seasoning
- 1 Drained can of corn
- 2 cups of 5 min grits uncooked
- 4 cups of water
- 4 cups of milk
- 1\2 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- salt to taste
Directions for Rotisserie Chicken and Roasted Corn with Pepper Jack Grits
- Saute corn in 1 tbsp of butter until some of the corn begins to be caramelized then set aside
- Mix water and milk in a large pot, begin heating on medium high. Once it begins to smoke, whisk in grits and add corn and about a tbsp of salt. Stir until it slightly begins to thicken. At this point you can tell it’s ready to simmer as package directs for about 7 mins.
- Once the grits have gotten tender, add cheese and half stick of butter. Stir and remove from heat.
- Add half stick of butter to a non stick pan, add seasoned chicken and saute for about 8 mins on each side ,then slice into hearty pieces and continue cooking if needed.
- Spoon grits into a bowl and top with chicken with dippings on top. Serve and enjoy!